City and Guilds 6502 (replaces the PTLLS)
What is this qualification about?
The level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introduction to teaching and training that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive sessions and how to assess and give feedback.
Who is it for?
This award is for all new and existing entrants who either may not have prior experience or who already deliver teaching, learning and training to adults in the lifelong learning sector and need to gain their professional qualifications.
What sorts of things will it cover?
The qualification covers the knowledge and skills required by teachers and trainers in the further education and skills sector. The award has 3 units that cover the following areas:
- Roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches
- Planning and delivering a session (microteach assessment)
- Understanding assessment in education and training
How you will learn and be assessed?
You will learn in the classroom with a range of both experienced and inexperienced learners as well as some self directed research study. Assessment will be a combination of a short portfolio of evidence, written assignments, practical skills, demonstration, observations and reflecting on your learning and development.
How much will it cost?
- The cost of the course is £325
When and Where?
- A six-week course, Tuesdays 9.30am – 2.30pm, commencing 28th January 2014
- Meeting Point House, Telford Centre, TF3 4HS.
A comparison of the 2007, 2011 and 2013 qualifications LSIS PDF on the City and Guilds website
Guidance for employers and practitioners LSIS PDF on the City and Guilds website
What do I need to do next?
For further information and to book a place, please contact Theresa Loughlin: Theresa@macbrac.com or call 08452 416 047